Straight To The Point Blog
Proper Row Form: Video
October 22nd, 2018
Row, row, row your way to stronger back and shoulder muscles at home with resistance bands or on gym machines. This simple exercise targets your scapula and back muscles. The most important thing is to be aware that many people use improper form and can injure themselves while performing the row. In this video, Point Performance’s Lauren Borro, DPT, illustrates pitfalls and modifications to ensure proper form.
1) Assume a shoulder width stance, unlock your knees by creating a slight bend.
2) Engage your core muscles.
3) Isolate your upper back by pinching your shoulder blades together.
4) Slowly pull the bands or machine handles and bring your arms back.
5) Return arms forward, unpinch shoulder blades. Repeat.
<< Previous Post: Trigger Point Injection: Video
>> Next Post: Bird Dog: Video